We undertake a broad range of commercial property work all handled personally by Peter Read or Colin Cooper.
Both have been dealing with commercial work for many years and have built up considerable expertise in this field. In addition they can give practical common sense advice, gained from experience of ownership and management of their own property investment portfolio.
The services provided include:
- The acquisition and disposal of freehold offices, shops and industrial premises
- The acquisition and disposal of leasehold offices, shops and industrial premises
- The granting and taking of long and short term commercial leases
- Business Sales and Acquisitions
- Business Transfers
Business leases - key Issues
- Is a break clause (enabling a party to end a lease early) appropriate? If so should this be in favour of both the landlord and tenant or one party alone?
- What is the extent of the tenant's repairing liability? A full
repairing lease can impose a considerable burden on the tenant
including putting the property into good repair at the start of
- Is a guarantee appropriate?
- Is the tenant to be denied the right to call for a new lease at the end of the term?
- How extensive is the tenant's liability under the service charge provisions?
- Is it appropriate for the tenant to pay the landlord's legal costs in connection with the grant of the lease?
If you are a prospective tenant and you are not represented by your own agent, speak to us before you start conducting your negotiations with the landlord's letting agent. We can give you some practical pointers to assist you in these negotiations.
Law Society Standard Business Lease
We offer a reduction in our normal charges for smaller commercial lettings where the Law Society standard form of lease is appropriate.