The obvious pleasures of woodland ownership are enhanced by the knowledge that with proper management and the current favourable tax regime, it can be a sound financial investment.
Read Cooper has a wealth of experience in forestry conveyancing and enjoys a national reputation in this field.
- We will ensure that you avoid the many pitfalls to be found in the complex business of forestry conveyancing.
- We offer practical advice to first time buyers of woodlands
- We work closely with forestry advisers and managers in connection with large scale forestry estates.
- We can arrange the best financial, agency and management advice.
Our clients include private individuals, commercial undertakings, syndicates and pension funds.
Forestry - key Issues:
- Access: Does the woodland adjoin a public road?
- Fencing: Are there any fencing commitments?
- Minerals: Have the minerals under the woodland been reserved
to a former owner?
- Sporting: Have the sporting rights been reserved to a former
- Private rights: Do adjoining owners have rights over the woodland?
- Public rights: Does the public have rights over the woodland?
- Commons: Is the woodland registered under the Commons Registration
- Forestry Commission: Will you be taking over a replanting liability?